Wow. I just can't believe the anniversary of the day I decided to take on the coolest thing ever has crept up on me. Late Saturday night, I was planning posts when I glanced at the calendar and remembered. I have to say that it's been such a great year! I have come out of my shell in the book blogosphere so much!
Here are some ways that Novel Day's became the coolest part of my year:
- When I first started I posted my first author interview EVER with Rebecca Donovan (The Breathing Series), and I've watched her become an overnight success!
- I've discovered the beauty of the self published novel, and that there are many gems climbing to super stardom (e.g. Beautiful Disaster by Jaime McGuire). The fact that wonderful authors have contacted me to review their books has really blown my mind!
- I've gotten the chance to connect with some of my favorite authors (even if only via twitter) such as, Simone Elkeles, Lisa Schroeder, Nova Ren Suma, Matt de La Pena, etc.
- Had my FIRST giveaway for the wonderful Bridge of Scarlet Leaves by Kristina McMorris.
- I had the chance to experience my first BEA week via Armchair BEA, which was pretty awesome! I connected with so many awesome bloggers, and I felt like I was a part of a huge club of literature enthusiasts.
- I landed an internship at a wonderful Literary Agency, and had authors like Lauren Oliver check out my blog...which still has me fangirling!
- I think I've become more novel obsessed than I was before, if that's even possible!
Ways I want to make year Two that much cooler:
- Interviews: I think I was so excited over my wonderful interview with Rebecca Donovan that it blinded me to the fact that I should get some more interviews going on Novel Days! I'm hard at work thinking of whom I'll connect with this year.
- Regular Posts: I would love to post at least two articles a week to keep you all excited about ND.
- Blogger Buds: I would LOVE to connect with my fellow bloggers, and I find I have been a bit shy over the past year. Well, no longer!!!
- Attend BEA 2013 (God Willing): With this year being my first ever BEA experience by proxy, it all seemed so wonderful that I can't possibly miss it next year! It's an awesome chance to meet fellow bloggers, some of my favorite writers, and score some awesome goodies!
- Release my novel: If you've read my About page, you know that I've been penning my novel for the past 5 years (yeah, I know). Only in the last year have I gotten my courage to just go for it, and now I've almost 65,000 words. I'm almost there! I think I'll try querying it to agents to gauge a response, or I'll have it self pubbed and out to you all very soon! All I can reveal at this moment is that it is a New Adult novel!!!!
I really want to thank each and every one of you who take time out to include Novel Days in your blogs to read. It's been a fabulous year, and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments and connecting with you. Do you have any new ideas or suggestions on how I could make Novel Days all the more awesome in this next year? I would love to hear them!