This year's BEA has kicked off with a bang, and I can't tell you how bummed I was that I wouldn't be able to attend. Especially with all of my favorite fellow book bloggers attending. Nevertheless, the ladies at Armchair has given bloggers an awesome opportunity to experience the community, and sights of BEA without being there. Awesome, right?
1. My name is Britta Kirk, I'm 26, and I live in grand old New York City. I've recently finished an MA in Creative Writing in Wales, United Kingdom, and I love love love Young Adult Fiction! I've been blogging for almost a year, and I can't tell you how much I've loved every minute of it. It seems now like a well fitting, worn pair of jeans!
2. I'm currently reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Great, right!!!), and I'm loving it so far. My favorite novel of 2012 is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It was such a delight, and I've made up my mind to read everything he's ever written!
3. One non book related thing that my readers may not know about me is that I play the ukulele, and post covers, soon to be original songs, on Youtube. Here's a peek:
4. My favorite feature on my blog are my Sartorial Lit posts. Sartorial Lit is a feature that seeks to translate some of my favorite novels into fashion. Although, I don't have many posts under that feature yet, the few I've done have been a blast!
5. Where do I see my blog in five years? That's an awesome question! I hope that my blog will be in place to request interviews and galleys of authors in various categories (Bestsellers/Indie/SelfPub). I would love to be able to request highly anticipated galleys/ARCs. I would love to discipline this craft to the point where I can work full-time on Novel Days. More importantly, I would love to have a great community set up here at Novel Days.
6. I have a group of 3 posts that I put together for The Hollow Series by Jessica Verday, reviewing the whole series, fragrances factoring highly in the novel, and how to put together your own Hollow themed event. I had a blast putting them together, and it was my first full week event here at Novel Days!
7. If I could have dinner with one author, it would be Jack Kerouac. I find him to be so introspective and sincere. I'm sure I would learn awesome things about writing and life. If I could have dinner with one character it would be Augustus Waters from The Fault and Our Stars (and Hazel), because I know they would be crazy fun to hang out with, and glean from.
8. The literary location that I would love to visit is the Delphic amusement park from Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Who wouldn't want to visit a mysterious amusement park run by angels?
9. Unfortunately, I haven't really jumped into the blogging community has I should have. I love participating through meme's, but this is the first time I've thought to truly jump in, and I'm excited at the many bloggers I'll have a chance to meet through opportunities like this!
10. My reading tastes haven't really changed since I started blogging. I find that my passions have been fueled to the 10th power :-).
I look forward to the week to come, friends!