Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Getting To Know Me

Photobucket 

I decided I would join in on the festivities of Book Blogger Appreciation Week a bit too late to swap an interview with one of you awesome bluestockings, I thought I would take on this nice little getting to know me questionnaire!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
It really depends on what 'snackage' is around at any given time. Though, an ideal would be a steaming cup of Irish Breakfast/Cocoa/Chai, and some kind of biscuit.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I think a bunch of you will cringe upon reading my response, but I not only mark my books while I read, I write whole passages of thoughts at times. There's something about imprinting books you read that intrigues me. Of course, it depends on the book. If it's an expensive, epic tome, perhaps I'll save my ink for elsewhere ;-). I like to think of it as a sort of diary. When you go back to read it again, you'll know just the kind of impression you had of it/how it affected you at the time.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
I either use one of those handy Strand Bookstore markers they give out for free, or a Fuji Instax polaroid... they're fun! I love breaking the spine of a paperback...makes me feel accomplished ;-).

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Fiction mostly. I love losing myself in other worlds, but every now and then something that's non fiction will grab me. I particularly love Christian Inspirational Non-fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Hard copies...period. I'm not sure I can stomach someone else voice reading over a novel for me...but I guess if the actor/speaker used is awesome, I could.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I try to read until the end of every chapter. It can be so strange to try and reconnect midway the plot, after you've had to take a break.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Most times, I'll underline every unfamiliar word, and look them up afterwards. This is a bit easier if I'm reading on a Kindle or iPad.

What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading Rules of Civility by Amor Towles. SUCH a good book so far.

What is the last book you bought?
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares...also a good book!

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I'm a bit jumpy when it comes to books. I try soooo hard to stick to one at a time, however, I always end up feeling like I'm missing something, or being counterproductive if I don't read, at least, one extra. It's a deceit, I know :-).

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Everyday, anytime, anyplace. But I have been wanting to find a place like Bryant Park, or a beautiful library.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I think over the years I've grown so used to reading books that are a part of a series that when a stand alone does creep onto my TBR it's often bittersweet.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
I think I've recommended The Hunger Games so many times, I know I should break from it. It's just so good.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
Organization? That exists?

Thanks so much for reading along with me on day two of Book Blogger Appreciation Week! I can't wait to look at all of your interviews!

8 comments:

  1. Great to get to know you! Great book blog :) I write a children's book blog. It's: www.storytimebooks.wordpress.com. Feel free to check it out. I'll be back to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audio books are more of an acquired taste, and sometimes even if the narrator is excellent, the book itself doesn't lend well to the audio format. Since I listen to audio books when I'm driving, I tend to need more straightforward books, like romance or a lighter mystery, YA etc, and not anything with a complex fantasy narrative or with a lot of characters.

    I have an ereader but I'm mostly reading print books since I borrow a lot from the library and win some from blogs and buy at author events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...this was great! I feel like I do know you a little bit now! I think I may use your questions and do my own post (I'll be even later getting into the game but I think it would be fun nonetheless!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is fantastic! I love getting to know bloggers more. Thank you so much for sharing! I didn't even know that this week was Blogger Appreciation Week. I think it is too late getting into it now, but I'm sure there is always next year.

    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I think I should do similar, I too came too late to swap interviews. I am going online to find a questionnaire and posting right away. Thank you for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rules of Civility is a great book.

    Wonderful Interview...I had to interview myself too since I wasn't aware of this event until yesterday. :)

    Stop by if you like. Have fun...this is great meeting new bloggers and visiting bloggers I already know.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The answer to the last question really made me laugh out loud!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I love your last comment! Organization does not exist when it comes to my books. I really need an e-reader because I've run out of space to keep mine. My sister has like 3 boxes in the garage along with a bookshelf in her room.

    I never write in books. Most of the time mine are from the library and if they're not, my sister will most likely read it afterward and she'd yell at me for that! Lol I loved reading this stuff about you!

    ReplyDelete