Autumn Top 12

There are simply too many novels I would love to read by the end of the year, but I've narrowed my Fall/Winter List down to my Top 12.
Photobucket Photobucket
This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz: Drown was one of the best short story collections I've ever read, so I flipped when I discovered that Diaz is coming out with a new collection.

Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin: I thoroughly enjoyed All These Things I've Done, and this next installment promises more surprises, mob family drama, and illegal chocolate. What more can I ask for?

Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama: Mermaids. Crazy ones. I'm intrigued by mermaid folklore, and I love them more when they are depicted in a raw sense, instead of the Walt Disney singsong version. That being said, I also have to finish The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova.

Laura Lamont's Life In Pictures by Emma Straub: There's nothing better than exploring the world of Moving Pictures in the 1920s. Such glamour, intrigue, and beauty. I discovered this via the lovely, Casee Marie at Literary Inklings.

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick: More Patch. The end.

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone: After reading My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares (Look for this review next Monday!), I quite love romances involving time travel! If it were possible to carry on a love from Kerouac's time, I would jump right in!

The Elementals by Francesca Lia Block: Ms. Block showed me as a senior in high school with her novel, Echo, that I wanted to write in a way that would immerse readers in a lush, magically realistic world. Can't wait to read her latest mystery!

Meant To Be by Lauren Morril: After hearing that this novel is suggested for anyone who loved Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, I had to add this to the list. There's nothing better than a great romance that can have you feeling euphoric, regardless of other opinions.

Eight Girls Taking Pictures by Whitney Otto: This novel promises an intriguing look at female artists in several vignettes around the world. I adore photography, and thought how interesting it would be to look into several photographers lives.

Out Of Reach by Carrie Arcos: I love a nice dark, and lyrical tale depicting intrigue and addiction battles. I had to include at least one angsty tale on this list.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman: This novel has been on my TBR list for a bit over a year. I've heard so many wonderful things about it, that I would love to dive into it, and it's sequel Where She Went.

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler: I have been trying to read this novel all summer long! At first, I thought it would be a lighthearted read, but after hearing many raving reviews, it seems to be a balanced novel detailing what it is to grieve and move forward over the course of a summer. I love novels that take me by surprise!

What novels are you excited to read this Fall/Winter?



2 comments:

  1. I love the Eight Girls Taking Pictures cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll absolutely love "Twenty Boy Summer". I've read it and it made me want to bawl my eyes out (I'm not a crier).

    ReplyDelete