Book Haul #1

Photobucket

Hey Guys! I've finally finished my dissertation (I'm literally doing the running man across my kitchen floor right now), so that means more book frenzies in the future, God Willing!

During my dissertation period, I spent more time reading YA than what I should've been, and I thought, why not do my first Novel Day's book haul.
  • The Outsiders by S.E Hinton: I must have passed this novel on every bookshop run since I was born, and it's only this year that I've become a bit taken with it. I haven't started it yet, but I'm ready to learn the source of the saying, 'Stay Gold.'
  • Stay With Me by Paul Griffin: I've recently turned my sights to YA realistic fiction. I'm loving the hardships, the grit, and all that beautiful love at the end of the day. Stay With Me captured my attention on Good Reads, immediately, and it doesn't hurt that it has mostly good reviews.
  • Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel: I found this little novel whilst pilfering through stacks at the Housing Works Thrift store in New York for my birthday, and it's managed to become quite a serendipitous find. It's told in magical recipe's, love stories, and old fashioned telenovela drama. It reminds me a bit of Don Quixote by Cervantes. I also used it for part of my dissertation, so I found it right on time!  
  • Gothic Lolita by Dakota Lane: I found this on one of my Strand runs. No matter what, I'll always come home with an obscure, indie novel when I shop there. This novel caught my attention because I adore subcultures, and the fashion of Gothic Lolita's has long sense fascinated me. Throw in the fashion, a bit of angst, two bloggers, and a mystery surrounding what's happened to one of them...and you've got my attention. Dakota Lane's photography scattered throughout the book is hauntingly beautiful as well. I have hopes to employ this concept on my own novel.
  • The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle: I was drawn in immediately by it's beautiful cover. It's simplistically gorgeous with it's light flares! The story-line of a girl falling for the guy who's father killed her parents and brother makes it entirely intriguing!
  • The Hidden by Jessica Verday: I've already harped about my love for the Hollow series in my last post, but I felt I had mention it again. It's FABULOUS! I'm currently planning my Hollow Week blog event, so stay tuned. Check it out, and stick it through to the second novel, and I promise you won't be dissapointed!
  • Leaving Paradise and Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles: I admit that since my crash dive into the Fuentes Brother's (Perfect Chemistry Series) I haven't been able to get Simone Elkeles out of my mind! I thought I'd move on to her other novels, and so far it's been an awesome journey! Elkekes has a talent in creating bad boy/good girl scenarios that are so believable that I find I'll always love them!

Photobucket

I forgot to include this book in the graphic above, but had to include it, nonetheless. I found, Amy Inspired, during one of the Border's Going-Out-Of-Business sales (moment of silence), and at first I was mainly drawn to it's cover, which I find lovely. But with a synopsis involving a woman who's in need of inspiration after having taken on undergraduate/graduate degrees in Creative Writing with no success, I felt the Lord was speaking directly to me! Amy Inspired is a Christian Inspirational novel that will hopefully move me to press through my writing issues and enjoy an awesome story!

Reviews to come for all of these novels in the next month or so! I hope you all are having an awesome week so far!