Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday's is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Photobucket Photobucket

Rapture by Lauren Kate: I know that I'm not the only one looking forward to finally having unanswered questions about Luce and Daniel answered, and seeing a spectacular ending in this war of epic proportions.

Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I think this title has delightfully surprised readers out there. I'll admit I definitely judged this novel by it's title, but according to countless recommendations, as well as a stellar one from John Green, it has landed a spot on my TBR list. My cousin Ashley, who is a cheese detector read the first page of this novel, and decided that she loved the main characters voice, and is now excited to read it. Who doesn't love Paris?

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green: This title is actually representative of all of John Green's work in that I've decided to read everything he's ever written this summer. I can't wait to go on an adventure with this poor guy who's had bad breaks with girls named Katherine. 

And Then Things Fall Apart by Arlaina Tibensky: The wonderful Nova Ren Suma, author of Imaginary Girls, hosted a giveaway on her blog, which I am so excited to say that I've won. This novel focuses on a young woman trying to put the pieces of her life back together whilst staying in her technologically desolate grandmothers house with a copy of The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, and an old fashioned typewriter. Just the mention of an old typewriter caught my fancy, but with an added dash of Sylvia Plath it must be an awesome read.

Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli: Of course, I can't let one Top Ten Tuesday pass without a Stargirl mention. Though I've read Stargirl cover to cover, I haven't taken the time to read through the sequel, Love, Stargirl. This beauty is written in Stargirl's point of view, and I couldn't imagine going through summer without a bit whimsy.

Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin: After taking in the genius that is Haruki Murakami, I wanted to find more Asian novelists to soak in. I glimpsed this after perusing GoodReads for recommendations and thought that it would be a fabulous mystery to add to my summer reading list. I'm excited to discover the many secrets the characters uncover about their mother after she goes missing in a crowded Korean train station.

Glamour in Glass by Mary Robinette Kowal: I had a fabulous experience reading the first installment of this series, Shades of Milk and Honey. Kowal's writing is so beautiful, calming, and smooth as warm milk, that I had to include it. I fell in love with Jane and Vincent, and would totally follow them through whatever journey their gift of glamours will open them up to.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: This novel is one that after seeing so many wonderful recommendations around the blogosphere, I felt I had to read it myself. I love the thought of a mysterious circus appearing out of nowhere, and the lyrical writing that will no doubt describe this world.

Between Seasons by Aida Brassington: I'm most excited to begin this novel about a man who's passed away, and the woman who can sense his presence when she moves into his old house. This love story sets out to be heartfelt, haunting, and emotional.

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long: This seems the perfect ending to what will be (God Willing) an awesome summer. I discovered this novel whilst perusing GoodReads. First I fell in love with the title which is a painfully gorgeous concept. The next is its world where people can be swallowed by trees. I smell a great story, ladies and gents.

What's on your summer TBR list

No comments:

Post a Comment