Looking Forward to Reading in 2012

This year is brimming with exciting reads, and I can't wait to get my hands of some of them! My list will also contain titles not released in 2012.


Photobucket Photobucket

Okay...Two awesome reads coming out in the same year? Brilliant. I know that I'm not the only one to have fallen for Lauren Oliver's dystopian romance, Delirium! It surprised and intrigued me. With all the plot twists and turns, one never knows what to expect within this series. In Pandemonium, I'm hoping that it involves our same two lovelies, Lena and Alex, but who can really know. All I know is that it promises to be out of this world! (Did I mention that I had a serendipitously AWESOME meeting with Lauren Oliver while on my internship? Still can't believe it).

Photobucket

After having a quick glimpse (looks down in shame) of Nina La Cour's beautiful novel Hold Still, I knew that I would read The Disenchantments after having only viewed the cover art. All of the cool points are there: band culture, road trips, and perhaps unrequited love. I can't wait to dig into this. I have a feeling it will be one of my novel treasures by the end of the year, God Willing.

Photobucket

Bridge of Scarlet Leaves seems like it will be such an intriguing read! The story is set in 1941, and it chronicles the life of a brilliant violinist who challenges social standards around her when she elopes with a Japanese-American young man the night before Pearl Harbor is bombed. The premise alone draws me in, and I find it might just be the novel that stays with me for the rest of my life.

Photobucket

I bet you guys saw this one coming. Everyone I know brimmed with excited over one of the most highly anticipated releases in 2012. Although I have 3 other novels by John Green, The Fault In Our Stars will be the one that I read first. I was so chuffed to find an autographed copy at The Strand! I've only read the first chapter, but, I've got to tell you, it has the markings of genius! John Green knows how to turn such deep, and at times, inexplicable themes into poignant, comedic, and relatable journeys that you learn so much from. 

Photobucket

Whilst taking a stroll through Barnes & Noble, my eyes automatically fixed on to this extraordinary and disheartening novel, The Watch That Ends The Night. When I was in Middle School, I was drawn to Titanic, from stories of excited passengers gaining the opportunity to board the 'unsinkable' ship, to that dreadful night where lines blended between classes, and all had but one thought: being saved. I cannot wait to get my hands on this wonderful tale. I've heard that it also comes with extras such as morse code messages to decode. 

Photobucket
The Girls of No Return is about four girls who attend a school in the heart of the Frank Church River, and are forced to finally deal with secrets that have haunted their lives. The Good Reads synopsis says that it is Cut meets Hatchet. That alone promises a thrilling/heartwrenching ride.


Photobucket

A lover of most dystopian epics, The Pledge seems like it will be yet another intriguing, suspense filled ride. 

Photobucket

I have recently turned my sights to the wondrous world of Historical fiction, particularly that of the Victorian/Steampunk persuasion. It seems a world filled with romance, and wonders that the imagination can't help but latch on to. After seeing The Girl In The Steel Corset around bookshops, and the blogosphere, I thought that I would try it on for size. If any of you have recommendations, please, I would love to hear them!

I'm looking forward, and hoping to read all of these novels and more this year. What novels are you looking forward to reading this year?